Already have Aadhar card and want to update mobile number in Aadhar Card. This post will help you with the step-by-step information to do it. One of the main motive to have your right mobile number registered and Update mobile number in Aadhar Card is because it will help the users to get the immediate notifications on their mobile related to Aadhar or other tasks where you are using your Aadhar as supporting document proof like online filing of your income tax return.
Update mobile number in Aadhar Card
There are 2 simple ways to edit Mobile Number in Aadhar Card:
- Update your Mobile Number in Aadhar through an Online mode
- Update your Mobile Number in Aadhar through Post.
OPTION 1 – CHANGE YOUR MOBILE NUMBER IN AADHAR THROUGH ONLINE MODE
UIDAI website provides this facility to change the Mobile number in Aadhar Card online through Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal.
STEPS TO UPDATE MOBILE NUMBER IN AADHAR:
- Open Website UIDAI Aadhar Self-Service portal by visiting this link.
- Search for title “Aadhar Self Service Update Portal “ and click on it.
- Now enter your 12 digit Aadhar number.
- Enter the Text Verification code (as mentioned on the form – also known as Captcha).
- Click on button Send OTP
- Enter the received OTP on your existing mobile number.
- Under “Select field(s) to update“, select “Mobile Number:“
- Screenshot of the steps is attached below.