NOTE: You need to have registered mobile number to update online through Aadhar. After submitting update request, you will get OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile.
If you do not have the registered mobile number and you want to request for changes through post, you need the fields Name, Address, Phone Number, Gender and DOB.
For requesting changes through post, click this Corrections on Aadhar Card via Post
Maximum 4 change requests are allowed till March 2016
You could amend the given data on your Aadhar card, using Online Self Service Update Portal:
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date of Birth
For any other amendments, please visit to your nearby Aadhar Card Center.
List of nearby AADHAR card center, click Where are the Aadhar Card Centers in India
Aadhar Card Correction Online
For online change of name or name correction on AADHAR Card, a self attested copy of document is required. Your full name should be clearly highlighted below the signature or thumbprint while attesting the document.
For small kids and children below 5 years old, who may be not having the proof identity and address, proof of their parents and Guardians are accepted by UIDAI. In this case parents themselves have to fill and sign/ thumbprint the form.
For getting the list of acceptable documents for changes over Aadhar card, Documents Required to Update Aadhar Card Depending upon the nature of your AADHAAR card change request, a self attested supporting document required to be uploaded.
- To change the Name on Aadhar card, a copy of Identity proof is required.
- To change the Address on Aadhar card, a copy of Address Proof is required
- To change the Date of Birth on Aadhar card, a copy of Date of Birth is required.
Find simple steps to change your Aadhar Card data online:
- Open website https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update to login (be entering your Aadhar Number) on AADHAAR Card Online Self Service Update Portal.
- Online submission of your request to change in Aadhar data
- System willl ask to upload the self attested supporting document
- You have to submit the request of change in Aadhar data in English language and in your Local language, the numeric fields like Pin-Code will be in English only.
- After submitting the request, you will be given Aadhar Card Update Request Number. Please note or save this request number for future correspondence to track the status of update request in Aadhar data.
UIDAI will verify the data provided by you for the requested change in Aadhar data and after successful verification, the required changes in your ADHAAR data will reflect over your Aadhar Card. Same will be communicated to you via SMS on your mobile, email and through post.