Do correction in name, address, phone number, gender and DOB on your UID Aadhaar Card online
NOTE: To update Aadhar card you need registered mobile phone number with you. After applying for corrections you will get an OTP (One Time Password) at your mobile.
In case, if you don’t have the registered mobile number or you want to apply for changes through post, you need the Name, Address, Phone Number, Gender and Date of Birth.
For applying changes through post, click Corrections on Aadhar Card via Post
Maximum 4 change requests are allowed till March 2016
You can change the given below data on your Aadhar card, using Online Self Service Update Portal:
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date of Birth
For any other changes, please visit your nearby Aadhar Card Center. To locate the nearby AADHAR card center, click Where are the Aadhar Card Centers in India
Aadhar Card Correction Online
Adults – For online change of name or name correction on AADHAR Card, a self attested copy of document is required. Your full name should be clearly highlighted below the signature or thumbprint while attesting the document.
Minor – For small kids and children below 5 years old, proof of their parents and Guardians are accepted by UIDAI. In this case parents themselves have to fill and sign/ thumbprint the form.
For getting the list of acceptable documents for changes over Aadhar card, Documents Required to Update Aadhar Card Depending upon the nature of your AADHAAR card change request, a self attested supporting document required to be uploaded.
- To change the Name on Aadhar card, a copy of Identity proof is required.
- To change the Address on Aadhar card, a copy of Address Proof is required
- To change the Date of Birth on Aadhar card, a copy of Date of Birth is required.
Steps to change your Aadhar Card data online:
- Logon at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update (via Aadhar Number) on AADHAAR Card Online Self Service Update Portal.
- Submit your request online for the required changes in Aadhar data
- Upload the self attested supporting document
- Submit the request of change in Aadhar data in English and in your Local language, the numeric details like pincode will be in English only.
- You will get Aadhar Card Update Request Number after submitting the request. Please save and note this request number for future reference to track the status of change request in Aadhar data.
UIDAI will verify the information provided by you in Aadhar data and after successful verification, the desired changes in your ADHAAR data will reflect over your Aadhar Card and same will be communicated to you via SMS on your registered mobile, email and through post.